13 August 2015

THM Picky Eaters Fuel Cycle

I have always been a picky eater. I'll try it once but if I don't like it I'm not going to force myself to eat it, no matter how "good for you" it is. I have been taking sugar out of the picture so I'm trying to desensitize my taste buds but I don't want to waste money on cauliflower to make something if I'm not going to like it. Not yet anyways. I will try mashed cauliflower one day, but not yet. Besides, there's lots of options out there!

Reasons that I'm a picky eater:

  1. I don't like seafood- I really don't like the thought of it
  2. The only "on plan" vegetables that I like are lettuce and green beans
  3. I don't like coffee, coconut, beans or mushrooms
  4. I don't like oatmeal but I like oatmeal in cookies
  5. I'm cool like that :)
Next week I'm going to do a 2 week Fuel Cycle. If you need to refresh your memory, it's chapter 28 in the book.  This isn't easy for picky eaters.

You should also note that I stay at home with my son so I don't have to have something easy for lunch.

*I'm editing this to list options instead of a menu

Deep S Days (1, 2 & 3)
Snack options- Skinny Chocolate (pg 371), Cake in a Mug (pg 379) (lemon version- replace cocoa with protein powder, add water, add juice from 1/2 lemon and salt) {my opinion of the skinny chocolate- not a fan.}, 

Breakfast- 2 Eggs in coconut oil or butter and Bacon, 2 eggs in coconut oil and 2 sausage patties, Pancakes (Cake in a mug recipe on page 379 using Protein powder instead of cocoa)

Lunch/Supper- Chicken Salad (lettuce, spinach, homemade Ranch recipe), hamburger (with mayo and pickles), grilled chicken (with skin) with lemon pepper, seasoned salt and buffalo sauce, baked chicken, Easy Chicken Yogurt Bake (pg 322), Steak and green beans with butter, Carne Picada Meat (Aldi), Fajita Chicken Salad,

Sides- green beans, side salad with Ranch, spinach salad with Ranch, jicama


FP Days (4 & 5)

Snack options- Strawberry cake {my opinion of that- YUM!}, Cheesecake Cookies Squared,
Breakfast- Light Baked Custard (pg 218) {my opinion on this- it needs help. I added more sweetener and strawberries because of the texture and taste. It pretty much tasted like plain egg whites without the strawberries. Even with them I choked it down and kept my eye on the prize}, Cinnamon Strudel, Triple Zero Yogurt with a few strawberries,

Lunch/ Supper- Turkey Roll-ups (pg 299) mini meat loaves (pg 318) {my opinion on this- My husband wasn't a big fan. I'm not sure why because we use to eat turkey burgers a lot and that's pretty much what this is. We did put buffalo sauce on top and it was okay. I actually enjoyed it as leftovers the next day more than freshly made. I added a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and pickle spears}, FP Salad (pg 301), Turkey Meatballs, Easy Chicken Yogurt Bake (pg 322), Joseph's Pita Pizza (pg 280), Joseph's Pita with Deli meat and LC cheese, Oat Fiber Bread with Deli meat and LC cheese

Sides- Side salad with lemon juice as the dressing, green beans, jicama,



E Days (6 & 7)

Snack options- baked apple slices with cinnamon, Apple cinnamon yogurt (pg 250), apple-oatmeal-cream-pie
Breakfast- Sweet Cinnamon Quinoa (pg 227), Trim Healthy Pancakes (pg 223), Apple cinnamon yogurt (pg 250), Triple Zero Yogurt with Strawberries or oats, Toast with Apple Butter, Peanut Butter Apple Muffins (these might be Crossover), Protein Packed French Toast, Apple Cinnamon Upside Down Cake, Apple Pie Muffins,

Lunch/Supper- Mozzarella and Turkey Toast (pg 239), Rice and Chicken, Lettuce Wraps (pg 297), Spinach Chicken, Easy Chicken Yogurt Bake (pg 322), Sandwich (on plan bread, deli meat, LC cheese),

Side options- Side salad (light Ranch), Rice, Quinoa, jicama



I have to give props to the authors of the Turkey Meatballs and the Ranch dressing because both of those recipes can be either S or E (The Meatballs can even be FP) and they tell you what to do in order to make them each Fuel. That can be confusing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!