03 May 2010

Kansas City weekend

Lately our weekends have been full of work! Jeremy was working weekends in April and I've been working weekends for months. Since April ended on Friday Jeremy was off work on Saturday and I got lucky and was off work as well! So we took full advantage of that day off!

We went to the Indy car races in Kansas City!

We had a lot of fun! I was cheering for Danica Patrick and #34. Danica Patrick is a role model for all female racers! I think that's why I was cheering for her, because she is a female racer! I think she needs a female pit crew too but that's beside the point!
#34 was the underdog for a long time! I was so sad for him! He was being lapped until everyone went in for a tire change.. then he made it back up to 24th place! I was happy that he didn't have to end the race 5 minutes after everyone else did!

Mother Nature wasn't sure if she wanted to make it cold and windy or warm and sunny so she did both. Fighting the cold wind and then relaxing for 45 seconds while the sun was out wore me out! So we went to the hotel afterward and took a nap! {I LOVE NAPS!}
Then we went to supper at The Cheesecake Factory and I wanted another nap! :) I was full from supper but there was no way I was passing up PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CHEESECAKE!!! And it was delicious!! I didn't/couldn't eat it all so I brought it with me!

Then we had to get up early Sunday morning to come back to Nebraska because I had to work at 11. Darn.. back to work!

Jeremy is back to work today too. And for the first time in 10 months he is working in the morning! He even woke up before his alarm clock!!!

Oh while we were in Kansas City WallE stayed with my friend Shannon. She has an 18 month old and she LOVES WallE! Even if WallE isn't very fond of kids.. they think he is playing when he makes them chase him! I was very sad to leave him. That sounds stupid because it's just a dog but we walked out of the house with our bags and just left him there (she came and got him later). He probably thought we were going home without him! :(
And I didn't get to see him until I got home from work last night at 7:30! He had so many kisses for momma!!  I think that was his first slumber party... he hasn't ever slept without momma!

I hope everyone else had a great weekend also! If you have been working a lot and stressing even more... TAKE A DAY OFF!! Even if you have a weekend, those are usually busy so take an extra, spontaneous day off and enjoy life!
Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!